Marketing Assistant, Good Vibrations...OK, maybe not. But man would it be a hoot to apply! On some level it is soooo tempting just to see what on earth the interview would be like. I’m almost having happy Harlequin flashbacks ... Can I chalk it up to blog research? Would it be good job-search practice? Ah, the dilemma, the dilemma ... this is almost worse than anguishing over Tom Jones!
Enterprises/Good Vibrations is a worker-owned, women-owned cooperative providing access to accurate sex information and sex toys, books and videos through its retail, call center and website, to promote healthy attitudes about sex.
Good Vibrations/Open Enterprises is seeking a regular full-time Marketing Assistant to assist the Marketing department with any and all marketing department tasks. This position reports directly to the Marketing Manager with a wage range of $13.00 - $15.00 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned as required):
- Develop & Manage list database(s) for party invitations, holiday cards, and marketing vendors
- Maintain department files including sales promotion fact sheets, collateral samples, and photo library, as needed.
- Copy & distribute promotional materials to stores, including discount coupons promotional flyers/postcards, signage, shopping guides, sales promotion fact sheets, etc., as directed by marketing coordinator and/or Marketing Manager
- Monitor GV Marketing web content (press, events, sales promotions) for accuracy and timeliness.
- Copy and distribute press materials, including press kits, press releases, quarterly editorial coverage clip books, B-Roll, etc., as directed by Marketing Manager and/or publicists.
- Provide departmental administrative support, such as envelope stuffing/mailings, arrangement of courier services, making photocopies, securing printing services and product shipping, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
- Comfort with sexuality essential
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Passion to learn marketing [Anna says, yes, that’s p-p-p-p-passion!]
- “Can do” attitude
- Must have excellent office skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- College educated; or one (1) year related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Proficient in spreadsheet, word processing, and database office software, use of e-mail, Internet browsing and search, and data entry.
Deadline: January 7, 2005
Just imagine the conversation with the grandparentals: “Grandma, I’m moving to San Francisco. Why? Because I got work at a sex shop!!” Then again, I wouldn’t want the blame for premature heart-attack. On the other hand, my pot-smoking, surfer uncle (who just made me a very nice pre-dinner coke-n-whiskey) says, “Hey, it’s a job.”
Ethics patrol, where are you? Surely someone in my readership can provide a note of gravity here ... or is that one issue GV strives to address? ;)