Sexless in the City


Sometimes reading romance novels doesn’t quite prepare you for a love life...

For this 30-year-old urbanite, love is always a misadventure: The Harvard Lickwit, Hippie the Groper, the 5% Man, and the Ad Weasel. These and many other men wander in and out of her life — but never her bed.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Update on the Sexless in the Suburbs relocation

Updated 5:42 p.m. PCT

In truth this is barely sex- or Sexless-related at all, but for those of you who partly follow this blog as a window on my life, you may be interested to know I now have an interview Friday.

Yes, that’s right. Seems my crazy plan of writing up a 9-page marketing plan for a company I don’t even work for has paid off ... in non-monetary terms. Of course, this probably means I’ll return to New York this weekend, thoroughly confused. But I don’t have to deal with that right now. Right now all I have to do is gear up for my interview and wait on our two finalists in the Blog Reader World Series to indicate their approval of the little switch-up proposed for the final contest in the series.

Update
Well, folks, I now have two interviews for this week. Woohoo! Company #2 rang up this afternoon, expressing keen interest in my resume. The woman even started a friendly patter about the Park Slope neighborhood, wherein she used to live!

If the job sitch is looking a bit more hopeful, however, the dating sitch is not. A thorough inspection of my friends’ backseat unearthed a dime but not the missing purity ring. Sorry, BRWS contestants, but unless you’d consent to a chaperoned date, I’m afraid it’s beer or nothing. On the upside, if I actually do get permanent employment I should be able to afford to accommodate certain boozehounds’ beer-snob leanings. ;)