Sexless in the City


Sometimes reading romance novels doesn’t quite prepare you for a love life...

For this 30-year-old urbanite, love is always a misadventure: The Harvard Lickwit, Hippie the Groper, the 5% Man, and the Ad Weasel. These and many other men wander in and out of her life — but never her bed.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Saturday night, Sunday night, Monday night fever

Oh, you thought I meant dancing, John Travolta and polyester tighty-whities? Well, shucks, ya’ll, I meant the physiological kind! Not sure what the devil’s got into me, but I been right sick this holiday weekend. :( Sick enough that, Saturday, I didn’t have a drop of caffeine. Word.

Well anyway. What I can say? My brain’s still addled. Clearly. But seeing as how I’ve got a whole five-day temp assignment beginning today, the gray bits are a little overtaxed already. Which hopefully will not describe the state of my finances when I commence the dreaded e-file!!!! (Shudders) Anyone with tips on how a freelancer does the 1040, feel to weigh in.

But gracious - what have I turned into?!!! Fevers and taxes?!! Such terrible Tuesday-morning prattle. You see I’m trying not to make yet another excuse for not blogging but, um, well .... (trails desperately for red herring)
I’m thrilled to note that the lady in question in Reader Frasier’s dubious but non-winning photo has actually weighed in. And she’s gracious, folks, as well as very funny. So reread up on our Blog Reader World Series judging party and get a load of Lilith’s comment. You remember the show, right? Frasier ... Lilith ... It took me a few hours - but then, I have the Fevah.

While you wait for me to recover, finish work, and get back to my home computah ... check out Blogfather’s latest feature in his ongoing Nondating Life Series. And phew, it’s a steamy one! ;) Maybe he’s got the Fevah too ... Ta for now! I’d kiss bye, but then you might get what I’ve got. ;)

Don’t forget to enter this month’s contest! Now that the Valentine’s haze is over, what kind of relationship does your job resemble? Ponder, describe ... email!!!

Labels: