Sexless in the City


Sometimes reading romance novels doesn’t quite prepare you for a love life...

For this 30-year-old urbanite, love is always a misadventure: The Harvard Lickwit, Hippie the Groper, the 5% Man, and the Ad Weasel. These and many other men wander in and out of her life — but never her bed.

Monday, September 19, 2005

New playlist

As you might guess from the playlist it generated, this was an interesting weekend “off.” Normally I’d make myself a nice Monday-morning latte to recover (fresh coffee beans bought yesterday, so no more using up the hotel-room grounds the roommate’s parentals left behind — yes, I really was stubborn enough to drink the horrid stuff) ... and have a new post by early afternoon. But today I’ve gotta squeeze in an appointment to sign my book contract so the advance can begin its merry way from the Random House accountant to my bank account.

And as I’m really behind on a freelance writing project that’s supposed to be occupying me nearly full-time (and paying enough to justify such demands upon my time), it may be a few hours until the “fun” writing. Sorry, dahlings. But in the meantime, sample the playlist, consider reader VJ’s lengthy response to Friday’s post (I think he underestimates the caliber of certain Jesus freak men, rare though they may be) ... and plan your entries for the September contest. Or better yet, submit them! Only 11 days left.


Links provided for albums/bands not available on iTunes. Otherwise click
here
icon for a preview.
  1. “Monkey Man” The Rolling Stones/Let It Bleed
  2. “You’re Gonna Lose That Girl” The Beatles/Help!
  3. “Give Me One Reason” Tracy Chapman/New Beginnning
  4. “I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight” Norah Jones/Come Away With Me
  5. “Undun” The Guess Who/The Best of the Guess Who
  6. “Where To Now St. Peter?” Elton John/Tumbleweed Connection
  7. “Alone Again (Naturally)” Gilbert O’Sullivan
  8. “Lost Cause” Beck/Sea Change
  9. “Sexy Sadie” The Beatles/White Album (Disc 2)
  10. “Not A Virgin” Poe/Haunted
  11. “Romanticide” Tal Bachman/Tal Bachman
  12. “Like A Rolling Stone” Bob Dylan/The Essential Bob Dylan
  13. “The Great Gig In The Sky” Pink Floyd/Dark Side of the Moon
  14. “Fools Rush In” Rosemary Clooney/Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
  15. “Brother, Where Are You?” Oscar Brown Jr./Verve Unmixed 2
  16. “Ruler Of My Heart” Norah Jones/Come Away With Me
  17. “Cry Me A River” Harry Connick Jr./Come By Me
  18. “Salt In My Wounds” Shemekia Copeland/Three to Tango
  19. “I Will Remember You” Sarah McLachlan/Mirrorball
  20. “Let It Be” The Beatles/Let It Be
  21. “Mercy” The Clumsy Lovers/After the Flood
  22. “I Can See Clearly Now” Johnny Nash
  23. “Don’t You Worry ’Bout a Thing” Stevie Wonder/Innervisions

Labels: