Sexless in the City


Sometimes reading romance novels doesn’t quite prepare you for a love life...

For this 30-year-old urbanite, love is always a misadventure: The Harvard Lickwit, Hippie the Groper, the 5% Man, and the Ad Weasel. These and many other men wander in and out of her life — but never her bed.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Sexy, fascinating

... but not really about sex. See also mail order chickens.

And speaking of mail-order “goods,” a recent email:
From: maleorder@yahoo!.com
Subject: Iam cheerful,kind and loving
Date: April 26, 2005 11:14:07 AM EDT
Reply-To: maleorder@yahoo!.com

My dear,
My name is ANITA MANN. I need cheerful,kind and loving man to take care of me for the rest of my life.I promise i will make a good house wife and you will never regrate having somebody like me.If you are intrested write back to me.
Thanks,
Anita Mann
I hate to tell her I’m a woman. But I am curious about this “regrating” business ... maybe she could help me get a job in construction? I hear they pay well, and the men are hot.