Sexless in the City


Sometimes reading romance novels doesn’t quite prepare you for a love life...

For this 30-year-old urbanite, love is always a misadventure: The Harvard Lickwit, Hippie the Groper, the 5% Man, and the Ad Weasel. These and many other men wander in and out of her life — but never her bed.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

New York morning


And now for some shameless city-indulgence (not to mention, on-the-job hooky). I can’t helping stopping to revel at my morning. Sometimes you just gotta stop and appreciate the city, no? Certainly the SaTC girls took time to do that.

So in homage to my inspiration, I must note that within minutes this morning I had:
  • knit one-and-a-half more stripes on my first scarves of the season (while leaning against a train-car pole in the crowded car)
  • patronized the green market at Union Square in lieu of breakfast
  • snapped a pic of my walk to work, and uploaded it to flickr via my cameraphone
  • read a text message from Best Friend and added a work number to her contact file in my phone
  • watched two men kiss each other in greeting ... New York-style, on the cheek. Still, we are in east Chelsea, after all. ;)
All-in-all, it was practically like my own T-Mobile commercial! But I’ll stop foisting upon you content better used on my other blog. ;) Why would you want to know it’s getting lots of web-surfers looking for “Katie Couric nude”?

Back to impressing the client with my mad Excel skillz ...